Club Equity Policy
Tir Conaill Harps GAC is strongly committed to equality for all
sectors of the community. It is the policy of Tir Conaill Harps GAC
to ensure that no club personnel will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, employment status, social class, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, religious belief or disability, or will be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which are not relevant to performance level.
Equality Policy Checklist:
- Eliminate any barriers or 'perceived' barriers to participation within the club.
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand, and follow the club's equality statement.
- Increase awareness within the club of the needs of those who face discrimination.
- Ensure that the club considers equality in all areas of the club's services.
- Ensure that the club premises are accessible to all, including disabled people.
- Ensure that the rules of the club state that discriminatory language or behaviour is not acceptable.
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
In order to ensure that equality is really 'owned' by the club committee, and is an integral part of the club's philosophy it is important that all club personnel are involved in the process of developing the policy.
Page Last Updated - 13/11/2008